Saturday, February 12, 2011

Egypt is Free. Now What?

Recent news has it that the dictatorial Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has finally stepped down after all those years. The 2011 Egyptian Protests were a success. I bet the nationwide celebrations over there aren't finished yet.


However, forgive me for being a naysayer but I feel that something is not right.


The day of the fall of Mubarak was also the day of the Iranian Revolution Anniversary. Just in case you don't know your history, after the overthrow of the dictatorial Iranian monarchy, Islamic extremism took power and many people suffered throughout the years since then. I find it a bit (okay so it's kind of a HUGE bit) ominous about the synchronicity. Will Egypt fall into the hands of religious radicals? I hope not. I just hope it's just a plain coincidence and not an omen. I surely, truly hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed. Let's hope for the best, specially when things have a degree of uncertainty right now for Egypt.

    ReplyDelete